I will only collect and use your Personal Data where I:
- have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
- am performing a contract with you for our services; and
- have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Melinda Kucsera, am the “data controller.” If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via my contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website Melindakucsera.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on my Website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected
- When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, web serials and offers:
- Email address
- First name
- When you complete the contact us form:
- Email address
- Any Personal Data you provide to us in the form’s comment box
Data that I collect automatically
My Website may collect certain information when you visit:
- what pages you visit, and
- what links you click.
This information is not linked with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data to:
- respond to your questions, comments, and requests;
- to deliver communications you have opted-in to receive
- improve my services and Website through analysis of anonymized information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and only share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services on my behalf and who require that information to provide those specific services.
These third parties may include Mailerlite and Elastic Email for the purposes of sending the communications you opted-in or requested to receive. Please note, I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with the third parties I share your Personal Data with.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can:
- ask what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I hold it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask me to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data, and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data (if any).
You can exercise any of rights listed above at any time by contacting us at Melinda@Melinda-Kucsera.com.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it. If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I’ll notify you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Us
Email for Privacy Questions: Melinda@Melinda-Kucsera.com
You just read the Newsletter-Dragon’s Down and Dirty Plain Speech Edition.
Our Privacy Statement comes in two flavors:
They both say the same thing. The More Technical Version just takes an extra 1300 words to do it in exhaustive detail.
So if you’re looking for a meatier read about:
- your privacy,
- how we use your personally identifiable information, and
- a deeper discussion of what your rights are
We recommend the More Technical Edition.