I’m baaaaaaaack! Did you miss me? This is Ran, son of Sarn, if you hadn’t guessed.
Sorry for the long absence. The portal I’ve been using refused to expand enough to allow me unfettered access to Melinda’s laptop. So I was stuck watching our loveable author work herself to exhaustion creating her signature holiday treats. (They are delicious by the way. I relieved her of a couple dozen or so. Don’t worry, I shared the spoils around on our side of the portal.)
This year she decided to make drunken cake balls to use up the ridiculous amount of flours (yes flours plural) she had bought and then never found a use for. (What the hell is teff and why would any-y-one grind it into a flour?) o_0
Yes, so our tireless creator spent an unreasonable number of hours in her kitchen mixing up these tasty treats. And I do mean mixing. She had this cool gadget to whip those suckers into submission. If only I could have squeezed more than my thumb through the portal, what fun I’d have had with that device! But alas, the portal’s size and porousness depends upon our creator.
The more she thinks about us and our world, the more permeable the barriers between your sorry excuse for a ‘real world’ and our much more awesome one become. (All her stories take place in or intersect with my world and its nearest neighbor, but you knew that already.)
So it’s her fault you haven’t heard from me. While she worked her fingers to the bone, she listened to these awful things called ‘audiobooks’ and thought very little about us. We’re not happy about that and right after I finish this post, I’m going to sabotage her Audible account so she can’t download any more audiobooks. That’ll teach her. 😉
Since you can’t enjoy the fruits of her candy/cake ball making, I have something even better to share and they’re non-caloric! Yay for electronic goodies!
Mel’s been hard at work redesigning our debut book’s cover AND she’s fin-a-lly settled something that resembles an editorial calendar. And you know what? It features a lot of me. So there’ll be plenty more opportunities this year for you to read about the adventures of my younger self! 🙂
Here’s the details thus far:
Coming in 2017
- Curse Breaker: Haunted & Curse Breaker: Hunted, two prequel novellas which will be free! Both are set before Enchanted.
- In Hunted, you’ll find out why Bear is so awesome! (Bear approves of this.)
- Haunted was supposed to have a holiday focus, but Mel’s work schedule makes getting the book out by Christmas unlikely though we are encouraging her to try. You should encourage her too. Get your friends to buy Enchanted so we can convice her to take unpaid vacation time to work on our stories! 🙂
- Rerelease of Curse Breaker: Enchanted with new cover art
- Publish Curse Breaker: Faceted – if you thought Enchanted ended with a magical bang, just wait until you see what magical trouble my dad gets into this one! It has an EPIC ending and you get to meet some of my favorite people!
- Curse Breaker: Hallowed – features my dad’s friend Shade and the epic afterlife quest Shade takes to earn redemption. Of course, dad and I will be in this story holding down the side of the living. Melinda doesn’t know if this will be a novella or a full length novel since she built a complicated place for our souls to go after death. (The lands of Ever are way more than the far green country Nolo told my dad about at the end of Enchanted. Forgive his ignorance.)
- Publish Curse Breaker: Jousted – magical monsters crash a joust my dad and I attend unleashing a full novel’s worth of mayhem. Need I say more?
She has plans for other characters (that ghost fellow haunting the blog lately) but they aren’t important because those stories don’t involve me.
Want more goodies?
Then more you shall have! I found where Melinda’s hiding the new cover designs she’s working on. Below are the most recent drafts of the covers of her upcoming books:
What do you think? See you in the comments!
– Ran, Son of Sarn